Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Snap Day 3 God and Country

Here's the Day 3 version of my Project 365. I had computer problems at work today, so I had no time to scout for shots around the office. I thought I would find something when I got home tonight.
Instead, on my drive back to the house, I caught sight of this monument in a small cemetery on the outskirts of Martin, Tennessee. The flag was lowered to half staff to honor President Ford's passing. I turned around and went back to to take some shots.
When I first arrived, there was no breeze, so the flag was hanging limply next to the pole. I snapped some shots and walked back to my truck. When I turned around to open the door, I noticed the wind had begun to unfurl behind the monument.
So, I headed back with the camera and caught this one before the breeze died down again.
I'm not usually sentimental about such settings, but this was one iconic moment I couldn't pass up.
When I started this, I figured I'd end up with lots of goofy pics of my desk or my dogs, so far after 1/122 of the project I haven't had to revert to that.
We'll see how long that lasts.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Newscoma said...

I love this picture.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger ceeelcee said...

What a hip, Godspell kinda Messiah!

I can dig it.

CLC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home