Monday, April 03, 2006

Squirrel with baseball fever

Huzzah!
It's finally here.
I don't count that lone Sunday night game on ESPN as the season opener. Nope, give me a day full of action on Monday. Game after game. That's opening day.
Opening Day should be a national holiday. Kids should automatically be let out of school. Or at least radio broadcasts of games should be sent out over the school intercom so all the kiddies can be enthralled and learn to appreciate the best game in the world.
I love me some baseball.
I'm a diamond kind of squirrel.

I listened in to most of the Cardinals' thrashing of the Phillies before I had to go cover a local high school game.
After seven innings of high school ball, I listened to a few at-bats of the Braves/Dodgers game on the way home. It was back to the hacienda to catch more MLB on TV. Mm hmm, can't get enough of that nine-inning stuff. I scanned the box scores on the Internet to see how my fantasy dudes did today. Fair to middling.
All in all, my kind of day.

3 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Newscoma said...

Jim Edmunds is my love monkey

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh, give it to me too! Those tight little pants, those asses that you can set a tray on.. and those nice bats a swinging.. and I really like the sport too..
My favorite time of year! Javier Lopez wants to marry me you know :) Then Barry Larkin is waiting in line after him.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Squirrel Queen said...

The beauty of baseball players as sex symbols is they are of the human variety and size. Excepting Barry Bonds and his big old head, of course.
Most other pro athletes are freaks. Football players weigh 800 pounds. Basketball players are 8 feet tall.
Hockey players have no teeth and are not often familiar with the English language.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home