Friday, March 17, 2006

Green theme

Begora!
Happy St. Patty's Day to you all.

The beloved Irish may have driven all the snakes out of Ireland, but legend has it there are still a few green squirrels in the Emerald Isles.
While surfing and googling for pieces for my St. Patrick's Day masterpicece above, I came across this "scientific" site regarding a Lucky Charms experiment. It might inspire you on this special day.
I'm staying in today as I misbehaved last night. I guess it was a pre-Green Day (not the band, but I do love them) celebration. I did have a Guiness and I went to The Pub, but not in pursuit of any sort of Irish connection to the coming holiday.
Earlier in the previous evening, we attended a new restaurant that opened this week. They've still got some kinks to work out. Most of the food was excellent. Some dishes were just average, but there were a few things I'll order again. This new establishment is trying to class up our little town a bit. High brow dining with a well-stocked bar and eclectic menu. There's nothing wrong with that.
The proprieter renovated an old building downtown that was built in 1897 and was once used as an Opera House, thus she had a new moniker for her restaurant. It took her about two years for the restoration. Brava to her on her effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home