Sunday, January 15, 2006

Peyton goes kaput


Just watched the first game of the afternoon. The Steelers earned it, 100 percent.

The stellar Steeler D dominated the Indy offensive line, got pressure on Peyton and earned a trip to Denver.

I cheered, yet felt bad for The Bus on the fumble, at the end of the game.
Then the Colts squandered their miracle. With three timeouts still in their pockets, Indy should have run the ball on third down.

After the incompletion, they might even should have gone for it on fourth down instead of sending out that "liquored up kicker" Mike Vanderjagt for an extremely loooooong field goal.

Poor use of timeouts if you ask me.

But, give the Steelers credit. They earned it. I think they overcame a couple of bad calls to get the win. I thought there should have been a pass interence call early against Indy and then the review should have given the Steelers the ball on the Troy Polamalu non-interception.

Overall, a dominating performance by Pittsburgh, as badly as I hate to admit it.

Loving the Raiders as I did during my youth, my natural rivals were the Broncos and Steelers. Thus the AFC championship game will be miserable for me. With the extended and painful demise of the Raiders over the past 20 years and the move of the Oilers to Tennessee, my allegiances have swapped some. So now, it's not quite as painful as it would have been years ago to root for either the Broncos or the Steelers. I like Jake the Snake (liked him more when he was a Cardinal) and I think it would be peachy if Jerome "The Bus" Bettis made it to the Super Bowl XL.

When I see Polamalu, I have visions of Otto from the "The Simpons". Must be the hair and the fact that Jerome Bettis is "The Bus". It all comes together in my mind.

So, maybe next year Peyton. Have a nice offseason.

Now, time to root against a fomer Gator (Rex Grossman) and his team (Da Bears.)

Still have chips and beer left and football to watch.

A good day overall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home